Setting up my bike-packable rig including DJI Osmo Pocket

Hi - my first post. Calling from the UK.

I’m in the process of setting up my bicycle-packable rig for streaming. I’ve an ATEM Mini Pro on order, and will using a Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera (HD, not 4k), Panasonic Lumix GH2 (I know!), and possibly an old GoPro. Part of the challenge is using old kit I have lying around gathering dust!

I’m also looking at streaming from the DJI Osmo Pocket. One of the use-cases is a live walk through of a historic building. I like the idea of using a compact gimbal camera, but have still to work out the best way to do the streaming connection. Possibilities to explore are a wifi connection to either an Apple tv or Chromecast into the ATEM. Currently the DJI Osmo Pocket is not enabled to stream directly over wifi, so it would need to be through a connected smart phone.

I’d be very interested to hear of others’ experiences with the Osmo Pocket.

Jon

I don’t think there’s any way to get a clean HDMI feed from the Osmo Pocket unfortunately. I love that camera, but haven’t been able to work it into my live shows because of that limitation.

I fear you’re right. I wish DJI would issue a firmware update to allow clean video out over wifi.

I just tested with mine, connecting to the Osmo Pocket wirelessly, then using a Lightning to HDMI dongle on my phone, and it’s even worse than I thought. The app keeps the phone in portrait mode so you end up with a vertical image with the app interface in the HDMI video feed :man_facepalming:

All it would take is an app update to the DJI Mimo app to enable the clean video feed out of the HDMI!

1 Like