Raspberry Pi Streaming Bridge Issue

Thank you again for referring me to this support area for my issue during today’s live.

This was the question I had in my super chat:

Question on the Raspberry Pi Streaming bridge. I set one up exactly like your video but it doesn’t show on my TV when I stream. The only thing it will show is the raspberry pi boot up and login and never changes to the streamed image. Am I doing something wrong or thoughts?

I purchased the 8gb Raspeberry Pi, same case you have, using an HDMI mini cable to HDMI to my TV. I believe the TV does support 1080 as your settings in the video where set to but I will try a much nicer tv tomorrow that for sure does to make sure that is not the issue.

I have triple checked all settings and seems to all be well.

I boot my raspberry pi and all comes up well and goes to the login showing on the tv. My atem mini pro iso is connected to the network and I have created and uploaded the new xml file you showed in the video on my atem iso and chose it to stream to. I can see both on the network and ping them both. I am not using a streaming key and leaving open to any like shown in your video for now.

My ultimate goal is to get this to work and then edit XML to stream to multiple sources (raspberry pi and YouTube) for live cooking classes my wife (executive chef) does. I want the raspberry pi to show the feed locally (don’t need audio locally) so they can see the camera views of close ups of the cooking etc during the class for those attending locals as those remote see.

I have been doing this rigged up with an app and Apple TV and it just has not been reliable and usually needs correction through the class so this will help a lot. The delay shouldn’t be that big of an issue.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Once all this is working it would be ideal to have a second streaming bridge doing the same thing in our back kitchen as well…

If it’s better to pay you for some of your time then I am open to this and may be able to help me get all this finalized in the best way. (Overlays and process that works best for my setup etc)

Thank you in advance for your time and all your hard work!

Greg

Also to add, I have updated all firmware for both raspberry pi and ATEm mini ISO.

Greg

After the Pi boots up, are you logging in?

As for streaming to YouTube and the Raspberry Pi, you won’t be able to stream to multiple destinations with the Atem Mini Pro itself, you can only choose one destination at a time. Of course, you could add a destination that streams to multiple platforms, but that’s not likely what you want. You could use an HDMI splitter to split the HDMI output for an “in studio” monitor for your on-camera people that will have the same content that you have on the “control room” monitor. Of course, anything connected to the HDMI output would be whatever is currently set for the HDMI out, which is your case is likely M/V. The benefit is that there wouldn’t be a (possibly disorienting) delay induced by the stream.

Thanks for posting! A couple things to try, we need to figure out where the link is getting broken.

Does the ATEM “on air” button stay solid red or is it blinking? If it’s blinking then it means the ATEM isn’t able to push the video to the Raspberry Pi. If it’s solid red, then the problem is somewhere in the Pi.

The next thing to try would be double checking that omxplayer is set up right. To do that I’d log in to the raspberry pi and run an omxplayer command that tries to play a local video file from disk. That would tell us whether the problem is with omxplayer or with the link between nginx and omxplayer. If that works, then we need to make sure nginx is able to run the omxplayer command, which could be failing for a number of reasons like the path is wrong or the user accounts aren’t matched up, etc etc.

See how far you can get from this info and report back!

Oh thought I could treat the raspberry pi as another platform destination like YouTube so I could edit the xml and stream to both YouTube and raspberry pi at the same time.

If I can’t do that it may not be an option as I really need to use the HDMO put multi view as part of the workflow…

I thought the entire point of using the raspberry pi streaming bridge was so you could stream to additional sources (streaming bridges) while live streaming to YouTube or Facebook etc…

Greg

Awesome I will check everything again tomorrow and report back.

Appreciate your help!

Also anyway I could pay you for your time and we could review what I’m doing, setup, and help me do some final config etc?

Appreciate it!

Greg

Here is what I experienced setting mine up. Raspberry PI 4 - 4GB.
The audio will only work on the second HDMI Port. I connected two TV’s and when I stream from OBS, it was the second monitor that displayed the stream and the audio. I disconnected HDMI 1 and then rebooted and HDMI 2 became the main screen and also worked for both streamed video and audio.

Thank you for the pointers! I will check this out at the office tomorrow’s fingers crossed!

If you want to Stream to the Pi and to Youtube you can let the PI stream the Stream he receives to Youtube ( and even more Platforms if you have the Uplink).
For audio, you need to configure either OMX Player on which output to use or you need to set it in the Raspberrypi OS.

Any pointers on where I can find to do all that? What’s the “uplink”.

Thanks!

You just configure your ATEM to stream to your Pi, and then configure your Pi like this, adding all the streaming services you want

Uplink means the Speed of your Internet upload.
You can search for NGNIX RTMP Relay . Feel free to message me when you are stuck :slight_smile: