Questions about Strata Macros

I’m thinking about getting Strata Macros but I notice it hasn’t had any updates ever.

Do we have any hints as to whether this is a maintained product? I’m a little worried that Apple will introduce a change in iOS 14 that could cause breakage for legacy apps.

I’m a little hesitant to buy a 49.99USD app that may not be too long for this world.

Also, is anyone running this app on a 12.9" iPad Pro? The screenshots on the iOS App Store page show what appear to be smaller/lower resolution iPad screenshots. I’m hoping that this app natively supports the higher resolution 12.9" iPads. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker if if merely scales up a lower resolution UI, but it would be nice if it natively higher resolution displays.

1 Like

I don’t have any answers for you, but thanks for posting this, as I have the same concerns.

Hey - good question indeed. I’ll share this with a contact I have there and see if I can get a response.

Got a reply from the team behind Strata…

Strata Macros is a current product, and in active maintenance, there is no reason it should be adversely affected by any iOS updates.

I am afraid I don’t have an answer about the screen size question.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Indeed it does help.

I went ahead and made the leap with that added bit of confidence that the app won’t cease to function any time soon.

I haven’t had a chance to set it up yet, but after downloading and launching it doesn’t appear to natively support the higher resolution/bigger iPads screens, but, like I said, not a deal breaker.

1 Like