I’m trying to get more organized in the planning and delivery of live-streaming and thinking about what the optimum production process should be.
It’s been a steep learning curve the past couple of months driven by the lockdown measures, and I’m very grateful to all the customers who have been happy to jointly explore the possibilities of the format. We’ve had some success, but also a few bumps in the road.
I’ve had a look but so far didn’t find too much on the whole end to end process for live-stream production. Based on my limited experience so far I see it as something like this, being a blend of event planning and filmmaking with a couple of specific extras:
- Define purpose and success criteria
- Research target audience
- Define key messages
- Confirm date/time, panelists, support team, hosting location
- Choose streaming platform/s
- Define stream schedule
- Build storyboard
- Brief panelists and support team
- Gather media required
- Define technical setup for location
- Initiate marketing campaign
- Test all elements of the technical setup
- Define and test recovery plans in case of technical failures
- Rehearse with panelists
- Setup and complete final checks
- Live stream!
- Follow-up engagement with participants
- Assess whether objectives achieved
- Capture learning points for next event
Feedback would be much appreciated, anything missing? Key lessons learned to include?