On/Off Air button unresponsive

I’m running into problems with Youtube streaming once connected over ethernet connection, where the On Air OFF button on both the ATEM Mini Pro and in the ATEM Software Control becomes unresponsive. This means that the only way to disconnect is to pull the power supply. My upstream bandwidth is pretty poor at the moment, so that may be something to do with it. I’m running version 8.4. It’s very frustrating!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I too have had this a long while back (on one of the old versions of software) though I have not been able to reproduce it since then.

I had this problem at a live stream. I noticed the cache was filling up quite fast during testing and tried different 4G hotspots but it didn’t seem to fix the problem. A speed test showed there was ample upload speed available (20Mb/s). I reduced the quality to Streaming Low and still no help. I wish I had tried reducing the frame rate from 50fps to 25fps but didn’t. It ended up with the stream stuttering for a lot of the time.

At the end of the stream I tried to stop the stream by pressing off on the panel and in the software but it seemed frozen. I suspect it wasn’t going to respond until it had cleared the cache, but couldn’t because it of the upload problem. I ended the stream manually on FB and after waiting some more, eventually had to cut the power.

Unfortunately this corrupted the USB recording so I lost that too. I haven’t been able to find any info on the problem which is a shame - hopefully someone smarter than me comes across this post!

I agree, it seems to be a bandwidth/caching problem. Further tests on a fibre connection were fine.

1 Like