Octopus or The Kraken

https://youtu.be/zMeqlp–Njk
Thanks to the suggestions and intuitions of a bunch of people very active in this chat (John, Aaron, Jonas, Adam and a lot more ) - to whom I send all my gratitude and appreciation for their great skills and for their generous sharing attitude! - I have built this “little beast” that allows the EU cultural network I work for (EJN www.europejazz.net) to create live streaming contents with live concert feeds coming from different EJN members’ venue locations. Using 1 Corsair power supply for: 2 netgear switchers, 1 Gl-inet router, 1 Atem mini extreme, 2 Stream Decks, 6 Raspberry Pis, 4 Atem streaming bridges, 4 Noctua fans, 1 monitor Seetec. And we also have the possibility to add 8 additional devices - using the same power supply - such as for example 4 additional feel world 7’ monitors, 4 sdi-hdmi converters, everything in one rack (hosted inside a pelican 4U case) , everything already wired, everything ready to use (bootstrap time 65 seconds). Software used: H2R graphic, nginx for rtmp, Companion Bitfocus, omxplayer, Wireguard, Playoutbee, Mixeffect, Liveskills and a bunch of shell scripts to reboot, shutdown, upgrade, temperature checking, cpu & mem usage checking, etc for all the raspberry pis. Thank you again!!

4 Likes

I’ve said it elsewhere, that build is gorgeous. Great that it lifts out of the case to minimize heating issues and provide access.

Where does the latte come out? :grinning: