Hello everyone. Greetings from Germany. I’m new here and though i’d share one of my rigs.
In this case my mobile rig in version 1. There will be upgrades in the future to add another wireless camera that can be switched to.
Gear and it’s job:
- Rig: Helps with getting a stable image while walking. The weight on the back takes off some weight off the hands
- Sony X70: Is getting the picture. Pretty solid camera with a good array of audio inputs, 4k recording, 3g sdi out and a very good image stabilizer.
- Blackmagic Video Assist 5": ProPres recording if it need to. Otherwise just a bigger monitor and cross-converting the sdi to hdmi.
- RodeLink Filmmaker kit. Is getting audio from a wireless lav mic. (going into the camera)
- (not in picture, behind the camera) “camlink” like usb capture card (some call them can’tlink). This captures the hdmi coming form the video assist and makes a mjpeg stream with it (+ audio)
- xiaomi redmi note 8T: has the usb capture card connected over otg. does the encoding and streaming. more about that below.
More technical stuff:
The app i use is called Larix Broadcaster. It supports an open source streaming protocol called SRT which is a lot better then RTMP especially for mobile application. github. com/Haivision/srt
Also the app/phone has a h265 hardware encoer which means i can get a very solid 1080p stream with only 3 mbit.
The audio is also coming either over hdmi or over an external mic connected to the trrs jack on the phone.
On more of the software side, Larix is streaming to github. com/Edward-Wu/srt-live-server running on a cloud server. Then there is a obs instance running that pulls the stream and then does the actual platform push. The media source supports SRT natively and with the next update will have auto reconnecting in case the connection really get’s lost. Made a little script that pulls up a “connection issue” screen in case the stream disconnects (using obs-websocket).
Little more about myself: I am a streaming nerd who plays a lot with differnt tech. I’m working a lot with OBS and even made some tools like a midi mapping tool that are on github.