My Mobile Live Kit

Hey Everyone,

I’m so excited to share the first version of my mobile live kit. Thanks to everyone in the forum and @aaronpk’s awesome live streams for sharing your knowledge to help figure it all out.

Some backstory: I started a new show during quarantine that I’m converting into a live show where I explore a new topic and learn something new each episode (e.g. magic, stand-up comedy, etc.). I needed to build a mobile rig that could come with me to different locations. This is just phase 1 as I imagine I’ll be getting more into IRL streaming, etc. Here’s what I got:

• Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro
  • Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K w/ Panasonic 12-35mm 2.8 II Lens
  • Stream Deck (running Companion)
  • Samsung T5 SSD
  • GL iNet Travel Router AR750S
  • Feelworld 7 Ultra Bright Field Monitor w/ Headphone Jack
  • Manfrotto PIXI Mini (MPTIXI-B) the smaller one
  • Twelve South StayGo USB-C Hub
  • 2017 Apple MacBook Air running MITTI Playback Cue Software for Pre-Taped Video Segments & Alpha L3s and Graphics AND Mitti also works as my music player.
    Note: Mitti works SO well with Companion on Stream Deck. I have all of my playback cues as buttons. Especially for Graphics.
  • Manfrotto BeFree Tripod
  • 2x Rode Wireless Go Lavs (thank you BMD for the audio delay feature!)

Here’s the back. Still working on slimming down and organizing cabling, but it’s getting pretty consolidated:

And it all packs up into this SKB Case (with room for my second camera :stuck_out_tongue: )

So much fun. I can’t wait to try it out. First episode will be streamed live on my brand new channel Call It A Show! on Thursday, June 25th @ 2:15pm PST from Flappers Comedy Club. I’ll post a link in the forum after the show.

Thanks everyone for the support!

5 Likes

This looks super cool! Great job getting that all together!

1 Like

That’s a very neat setup Rob, impressed!
Looking for a similar configuration, only not for streaming, only recording with 2 cameras and the Atem Mini Pro… Will start a thread about my issues…