I’m so excited to share the first version of my mobile live kit. Thanks to everyone in the forum and @aaronpk’s awesome live streams for sharing your knowledge to help figure it all out.
Some backstory: I started a new show during quarantine that I’m converting into a live show where I explore a new topic and learn something new each episode (e.g. magic, stand-up comedy, etc.). I needed to build a mobile rig that could come with me to different locations. This is just phase 1 as I imagine I’ll be getting more into IRL streaming, etc. Here’s what I got:
- Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro
- Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K w/ Panasonic 12-35mm 2.8 II Lens
- Stream Deck (running Companion)
- Samsung T5 SSD
- GL iNet Travel Router AR750S
- Feelworld 7 Ultra Bright Field Monitor w/ Headphone Jack
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini (MPTIXI-B) the smaller one
- Twelve South StayGo USB-C Hub
- 2017 Apple MacBook Air running MITTI Playback Cue Software for Pre-Taped Video Segments & Alpha L3s and Graphics AND Mitti also works as my music player.
Note: Mitti works SO well with Companion on Stream Deck. I have all of my playback cues as buttons. Especially for Graphics.
- Manfrotto BeFree Tripod
- 2x Rode Wireless Go Lavs (thank you BMD for the audio delay feature!)
Here’s the back. Still working on slimming down and organizing cabling, but it’s getting pretty consolidated:
And it all packs up into this SKB Case (with room for my second camera )
So much fun. I can’t wait to try it out. First episode will be streamed live on my brand new channel Call It A Show! on Thursday, June 25th @ 2:15pm PST from Flappers Comedy Club. I’ll post a link in the forum after the show.
Thanks everyone for the support!