Music Venue Live Streaming Rig

Hello everyone!

I am an audio engineer firstly. Like many of us I decided to pivot about a year ago, due to the Covid pandemic, and got into live-streaming to help out some of my music venue customers.

Here is a rig installed in a Grade II listed Tudor period building, where we are preparing to live-stream gigs once the local government restrictions ease sufficiently and the venue owner is happy to do so. As the venue opens up to the public, hopefully later in the year, the live-streaming setup will augment the ‘in-house’ audience, allowing more people to enjoy some fantastic live music. :crossed_fingers:

Rig consists of:

• 1x ATEM TV Studio Pro 4K
  • 3x BMD Micro Studio Camera 4K with Panasonic lenses for remote focus/zoom
  • 1x Samsung 32" 4K Screen for Multiview
  • 3x Hague Pan/Tilt remote control heads for the cameras
  • 1x Mac Mini M1, 8GB Ram with 24" Dell monitor for control & video playback
  • 1x MacBook Pro for on the fly graphics and audio recording
  • 1x Behringer X32 Rack remote controlled with android tablet for audio mix for broadcast and house PA
  • 1x LiveU Solo for broadcast bonding/encoding

7 Likes

Very nice! I’m doing something similar but on a much smaller budget/scale. I’m planning to live stream my student recitals and perhaps some small gigs once we can do so. My setup is portable, uses cheaper cameras with no pan/tilt/zoom, ATEM mini ISO, etc, etc. Audio wise I’m using the Soundcraft Ui24R for remote gigs (still have a big analog console with outboard for the studio). Like you, I’m much more of an audio engineer, but now doing video and lighting.

Are you using Panasonic power zoom lenses you can control remotely? If so, which ones?

@petervcook Yes, we are. Actually bought 3 more second hand MSC4K units before the weekend, with a couple of lenses. When I was researching the different switcher/camera setups to go with I found the following info on Blackmagic Design’s website somewhere, although can’t find the actual page for love nor money at the moment. However, here’s what I copied:

MFT LENSES SUPPORTED FOR ATEM

• Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power O.I.S. Lens
  • Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom OIS Lens
  • Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 ED M.Zuiko EZ Micro 4/3 Lens
  • Olympus 14-42mm M.Zuiko f/3.5-5.6 Digital ED EZ Lens

I can confirm that both Panasonic lenses work straight out the box with the ATEM TV Studio Pro 4K switcher. Zoom and focus. You just need to ensure you set the Camera’s ID number to match the channel of the switcher you are using. Then it just works. :slight_smile:

1 Like