Long HDMI for Pocket 4K/6K Control

What is the longest HDMI run anyone has used for both 1080p video and ATEM control signals?

Thank you in advance for any ideas/solutions before BMD makes an HDMI/DualSDI adaptor…

JR

Hi…I haven’t done it myself, but I was researching fiber optic HDMI cables & found this video in which he tests a 250 foot cable & it works - https://youtu.be/C-DwO1QWCvI
Hope that helps…

Dave,

Thank you as that looks very promising. I am hoping BMD comes up with a Dual SDI to HDMI converter box for long Pocket ATEM work. For awhile it will be the Wild Wild West of Pocket ATEM!

JR

OK, this was for an extreme length I guess, but just for my simple scenario - the 5m long HDMI between the AMP and a Sony A7III, that wouln’t suffer from a degrading signal, right? Right now I’ve got 2m cables and that’s a bit short… Thanks!

@homesick I use 5m HDMI cables to connect my BMPCC4K cameras to the Atem Mini Pro. Works fine.

1 Like

I have a Sony NX200 (does 2160p25), tested on a few 5m cables and one 10m, on 5m everything works, on a 10m cable,
when plugged into VideoAssist 4K, it works
when plugged into Intensity 4K it doesn’t work, I need to drop it to 1080p50, then it works
ATEM mini doesn’t work on 1080p50, haven’t tried 720 yet.

1 Like