Hello. I’m just getting started with live video. I’ve secured an ATEM Mini. I have several cameras I’ll be capturing events with and I’d like to use one input for playback of video clips from my iPad/iPhone.
While the HyperDeck Studio Mini is appealing, it’s a bit more powerful than what I need and I’m hoping I can find an iOS app that can do pretty much what I need. Of course it won’t be able to do Auto Roll, but, I’ll just have to live with it.
I’ve done some searching on the iOS App Store but most of the video players I’ve found are geared towards people that want a way to watch ripped/torrented DVD/Blu-Ray movies.
I’m specifically looking for a clip player that has these attributes/abilities. Some of them are nice-to-haves and some can actually be (at least partially) achieved with iOS settings, but it would be nice to not have have to.
- Device Sleep is disabled
- Video orientation when connected via HDMI is always landscape
- HDMI output is always clean, at least while in playback (notifications are suppressed, accidental taps on the touchscreen don’t pop playback UI, etc)
- Playlist capability (would like to build a list of clips for an event that can be pulled from the main video library and then ordered as fit)
- Each video in playlist has separate controls for: loop on end, progress to next video on end, freeze-frame on end
- Big chunky UI for play/pause/scrub
- Ideally works on both iPhones and iPads
- Extra bonus points if it has some kind of MIDI or OSC control, then I might be able to hack up an “Auto-Rollesque” capability.