IMac restarting while streaming automatically. Please Help

Hey Guys ! Sorry to start of with asking for support .

Yesterday while streaming an event, my IMac restarted 3 times automatically.

Just to let you know my set up

I have a 2017 ,27 inch IMac i5 40gb ram and 8gb graphics card, connected to

Atem mini pro

Hyper deck studio mini

Stream deck

Dual monitor setup

The softwares running on the iMac at that given instance was

Zoom

Atem Software

Companion latest version

H2R graphics latest version.

Stream deck

And streaming from Zoom to Facebook.

For some reason yesterday was a disaster as my IMac restarted 3 times while streaming.Also when I was playing video clips from Hperdeck studio mini , there was a flicker on the video.

Please Help!!!

Is there any indication of why the mac restarted? Do you get a notice when it reboots like “this mac was restarted due to a problem” or anything? It could be anything from a driver crashing to something running automatic software updates.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a crash log which is below.Can you decode it.

rocess: coreaudiod [212]
Path: /usr/sbin/coreaudiod
Identifier: coreaudiod
Version: 5.0 (5.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
Responsible: coreaudiod [212]
User ID: 202

Date/Time: 2020-10-03 20:32:26.108 +0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version: 12

Looks like something with the audio driver. Could be a number of things still, but I’d look for things like what kinds of headphones you had attached (bluetooth? USB?), were there any audio interfaces attached? do you have any other programs installed that deal with audio stuff like audio routing apps or anything?

While I don’t have a solution, I will point out that Zoom itself does some strange stuff with audio that I don’t really understand.

ZoomAudioDevice will show up as if it was an available audio device in Audio Midi Setup, but it isn’t visible in System Preferences>Sound.

If you haven’t yet, I’d verify that you’re using the latest version of the Zoom app.

Hi Aaron/Nate,

Thanks for your reply, but this issue got frustrating as I had the Imac restarting every 10 to 15 min while on Zoom.
Hi Nate , I have the Tasman 12 audio mixer attached to my Imac through USB C for audio. I have done my due diligence and found that this issue is a known issue with Catalina 10.15.7 the latest version. Was wondering if any one has had this issue. I have the latest version of Zoom installed 5.3.1
Let me explain what softwares are running
I have Zoom, Atem Mini software , Stream deck, Companion, H2R Graphics, Hyperdeck attached to Atem Mini and dual output to a Monitor.
Would my IMac be able to handle these many apps running at the same time.?
My Imac Specs are : 3.0 GHz I5 Quad Core 2017, 40GB Ram and 8GB Graphics with a fusion
drive.
Would like to know what are the specs of the laptop or desktop you guys are using to run these sofwares

Those specs sound more than adequate, sounds like when the Catalina/Tascam Model 12 issue gets resolved you should be good to go.

Not knowing your workflow at all, would it be possible, as a temporary workaround, to connect the outputs of the Model 12 to the ATEM Mini’s audio inputs rather than using it as a USB audio interface?

Thanks Nate , appreciate your quick response. I have connected the Tascam monitor output to Mic 1 input in ATEM Mini Pro.
My Zoom Setting for Speaker output is Model 12 (Tascam) and Mike input is BMD ATEM.