Holy Macro! What have you built, what do you find is a must have macro

I just thought I would start a discussion about macros. What are ones that you find are a must have that you could share with the group. Or what have you wanted to build but haven’t yet.

The main ones I have used are to do auto transitions. Nothing fancy. One for DSK1 auto on/off. And one for USK auto on/off

Most of my setup is simple but I would love to know what others have built that have stepped up their production quality?

1 Like

Macros! Here are a couple I use often to do chroma key and flying key.
full overlay - puts me keyed out of camera 1 on top of any other input including mediaplayer
bot right at 40 - flies my keyed self to the bottom right of the screen and puts me at 40% (instead of default 20%)
I have another for bot left at 40 which just flies me over to the left.

These aren’t pretty but they work. I need to tune them a bit but have not had time. They are cobble together from several smaller macros. A learned skill from watching Aaron and Johns videos (and a bit from PhotoJoseph).

<Macro index="5" name="bot right at 40" description="">
        <Op id="KeyOnAir" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" onAir="False"/>
        <Op id="KeyType" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" type="Chroma"/>
        <Op id="KeyOnAir" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" onAir="True"/>
        <Op id="KeyFillInput" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" input="Camera1"/>
        <Op id="TransitionSource" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" source="Background"/>
        <Op id="FlyKeyRunToKeyFrame" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" keyFrameIndex="1"/>
        <Op id="TransitionSource" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" source="Background, Key1"/>
        <Op id="MacroSleep" frames="30"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyXPosition" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" xPosition="9.5"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyYPosition" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" yPosition="-5.5"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyXSize" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" xSize="0.399994"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyYSize" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" ySize="0.399994"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskEnable" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" enable="True"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskLeft" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" left="-14"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskTop" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" top="9"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskRight" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" right="14"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskBottom" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" bottom="-9.00002"/>
    </Macro>

<Macro index="6" name="bot left at 40" description="">
        <Op id="KeyType" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" type="Chroma"/>
        <Op id="TransitionSource" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" source="Background"/>
        <Op id="KeyFillInput" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" input="Camera1"/>
        <Op id="KeyOnAir" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" onAir="False"/>
        <Op id="FlyKeyRunToKeyFrame" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" keyFrameIndex="0"/>
        <Op id="TransitionSource" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" source="Background, Key1"/>
        <Op id="MacroSleep" frames="30"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyXPosition" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" xPosition="-9.5"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyYPosition" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" yPosition="-5.5"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyXSize" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" xSize="0.399994"/>
        <Op id="DVEAndFlyKeyYSize" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" ySize="0.399994"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskEnable" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" enable="True"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskLeft" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" left="-14"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskTop" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" top="9"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskRight" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" right="14"/>
        <Op id="KeyMaskBottom" mixEffectBlockIndex="0" keyIndex="0" bottom="-9.00002"/>
    </Macro>
2 Likes

Just getting into macros on vMix and so far pretty helpful. Main macro currently does the following:

• Set up count down timer to show start

• Roll intro at end of countdown

• Fade to cam 1 at end of intro

• Wait 5 seconds

• Fade on lower third.

It’s not much but man are these helpful for a one man operation when you have a hundred other things to consider. I’m currently looking to automate 75% of the tasks so I can focus on the interview.