Help with Swapcard

Hi all, apologies in advance for long question.

I have a gig coming up which is a hybrid conference, there will be approx 50 people in the room with another 100 online. The 4 main presenters will be in the room in the UK with one other keynote in the US.

I am thinking of using Swapcard as the platform to stream to which makes use of a livestream via YouTube, unless anyone can suggest something better.

In my testing, audio has been the biggest challenge, as I will put personal radio mics on all the presenters and 2 roaming radio handheld mics for the audience q&A. These are all,going through a separate mixer with the full mix going into mic1 on my atem extreme,and also another mix going to the house speakers.

I am thinking of using mu second atem mini which would take an hdmi feed from a separate laptop which will run a standalone zoom call for my US presenter to join, but as he will also be part of the q&A I am struggling with the audio aspect. How do I get the audio from the room back to my zoom caller so he can answer questions without a loop back.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

1 Like

So what I do for zoom is run a separate mix minus to the presenter on zoom this would involve an audio board with multiple AUX/BUS Outputs. One for your main audio feed going to the live stream this would have all audio channels, one for your in-house feed this will also have capabilities for all of your channels, and another one going to the zoom call for your presenter this would have all audio channels minus the presenter audio so there’s no feedback.

Main Output to ATEM Extreme :
Ch 1 - Wireless Lavalier #1 - Presenter 1
Ch 2 - Wireless Lavalier #2 - Presenter 2
Ch 3 - Wireless Lavalier #3 - Presenter 3
Ch 4 - Wireless Lavalier #4 - Presenter 4
Ch 5 - Wireless Hand Held Mic #1
Ch 6 - Wireless Hand Held Mic #2
Ch 7 - Zoom Audio
Ch 8 Fader Will Be On Zero - Talk Back Microphone For Zoom

AUX 1 In Room Audio Mix:
Ch 7 - Zoom Audio
Ch 8 Fader Will Be On Zero - Talk Back Microphone for Zoom

AUX 2 Return Audio For Zoom:
Ch 7 Fader Will Be On Zero - Zoom Audio
Ch 8 - Talk Back Microphone for Zoom microphone will only need to be on muted when talking to presenter before they go live.

To get the audio in and out of zoom i use a USB Audio Interface. I would come out of AUX 2 on the audio mixer into the front of the audio interface XLR Port and I would come out of the back of the audio interface audio outputs into the audio mixer into Ch 7.
(Behringer UMC22) (1/4 to XLR Y Splitter Cable)

For video return to the zoom call I would use the HDMI output of the ATEM Extreme into “Elgato Cam Link 4K” you can choose to send them any source using the HDMI output on the ATEM Extreme. And to get video of the presenter out of the zoom computer I just use the HDMI on the computer to the ATEM Extreme.

If the presenter has a PowerPoint or presentation of some sort I will have another computer in the room running the presentation to the ATEM Extreme and I will send the presenter an online link to a web-based “PowerPoint” clicker so they can control the slides themselves and they don’t have to do any kind of screen sharing. I will also send them on the video return feed from the ATEM Extreme just a video return of their slides so they can see them at all times.
https://internetclicker.com/

4 Likes

Hi Zach

This is awesome thanks very much for such a detailed response.

Cheers

Pete

1 Like

Hi Zach

I wonder if you could help,with another challenge?

Instead of using the elgato for the video input to zoom, I am using a second atem (mini) which is serving the same purpose.

I would like to take a feed to a projector in the room, so that I can display the remote presenters, and also there slides. But I don’t want to output the programme feed to the projector, just the zoom caller.

I am struggling to find a way of having just a holding slide on the projector for the room to see, whilst the remote guests see the programme feed, and then switching the projector to the zoom caller so the room and the remote guests can see the zoom caller.

Any help much appreciated.

Rgds

Pete

So the way to do it would be to use your ATEM mini just for the projector to switch between the Zoom caller their slides still graphics and any video inputs. I would use 1x2 HDMI splitter’s to split the feed to both switchers, one switcher can be feeding to the live stream and the other one can just be used for the in-house screens.

ATEM Mini Extreme:
Input 1: Camera 1
Input 2: Camera 2
Input 3: Zoom Computer
Input 4: PowerPoint Computer
Output 1: MultiView
Output 2: to presenter using a USB Capture Card

ATEM Mini:
Input 1: Camera 1 - from HDMI Splitter
Input 2: Camera 2 - from HDMI Splitter
Input 3: Zoom Computer - from HDMI Splitter
Input 4: PowerPoint Computer - from HDMI Splitter
Output 1: to Projector

Required equipment:
4x 1x2 HDMI Splitter
1x USB Capture Card

You could also just use the ATEM Mini Extreme secondary output to feed the screens, i usually set up a Stream Deck to change what input is sending to the secondary output basically using it as aux output and switching it on the fly for what I want to show on the screens. And then you could use your other switcher for the zoom call/return feed and just use multiple outputs on the PowerPoint computer to send to both switchers then you can just send the presenter the PowerPoint slides if they need it.

Thanks Zach

I have gone with your second option. I see companion with my dream deck for macros, and it works great. It just relies on me hitting the right buttons now.

Many thanks once again.