Editing Atem ISO footage when using SuperSource

Hi,
I have been streaming (and recording via ISO) using supersource. When I go to edit these, the super source sections show up as purple in Davinci Resolve 17 timeline. The purple sections show no shots and don’t show any switching i.e camera1 in SS box 1 and camera 2 SS Box 2. The ISO recordings have the footage so it can be edited back together, but is not at all seemless and without hassle.
Until Black Magic extends the capability of either the ATEM project file of Davinci Resolve, I wish that they would atleast have the input source for SS Box 1 (or be assignable in software) so the timeline is not empty when using Supersources.
Does anyone have any work arounds when editing supersource recordings?
Thank you,
Tim

1 Like

It’s a bit cumbersome, but you could assign the supersource 1 of your HDMI outs and loop this back in on an input. Than it would be recorded as such.

1 Like

I think also communicating customer feedback to BMD that this is a necessary feature for Resolve is a good thing! Post on their forum or email their customer service.

As someone in the software industry I know sometimes “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”. It’s really easy to permanently have more feature requests than time/resources to develop them. Which means its just a constant game of shuffling priorities around.

That said, if you have a fixed number of supersource layouts in your Atem (perhaps saved as macros). You may be able to reproduce those fixed layouts as some kind of adjustment clip(s) in a shared power bin that automatically adjusts a clip into “box 1” position, etc. You may end up with a bunch of presets in your power bin for all the variations of supersource you are using regularly. Just an idea though, not tested by me.

1 Like

@NiekGroven … Great idea!!! I just did a test with your suggestion of assigning the supersource to a HDMI out and loop this back in on an input… Then in Resolve it so easy to drop it back in the edit.

Thanks for a great idea!!!

1 Like

@BensTechLab Thanks for the suggestion. I have posted on Blackmagic’s forum asking for a solution to Super Source not recording/showing in Davinci Resolve project file.

1 Like