Connecting you to the Catie & Co workstation

Hi everyone

I’m new here but a regular on several Discord and Facebook AV production/equipment groups.

I completely rebuilt my media workstation during lockdown as I work from my home anyway.

There are a few more upgrades and ‘would-be-nice’ items on the list including a physical StreamDeck XL (I’ve set everything up on the emulator ready) and an upgrade to CAM1.

The majority is done and just in time to start on a second build for a local non-profit production company I am working with locally.

I have an old Raspberry Pi which might push me to investigate if it’s capable enough to be used on the workstation.

2 Likes

Thanks for the likes. I’ve just sent the RODECaster Pro back today as it’s the worst mixer I’ve ever owned. Poor pre-amps and a dead channel in the first one I had - buggy software still and a failing touchscreen in the second.

Moving to a Yamaha TF1 instead. I’m done with cheap mixers in a production workstation!

That’s interesting, I see a lot of workstation photos with the rodecaster but I don’t see a lot of people singing its praises. I feel like they’ve done an excellent job at marketing it, but that maybe it’s not quite worth the money. I haven’t used one myself but I have definitely been tempted!

1 Like

It’s certainly not worth the money Aaron. I have pulled the trigger on a used Yamaha TF3+DANTE for both workstation audio routing, video production and on-site event production for the company I am now working with as their engineer.