ATEM Streaming Bridge

Hello people

I received my ATEM Streaming Bridge today. And it works wonderfully via LAN. I cannot figure out how to stream to it from the internet. I keep getting ‘port forwarding error’ despite forwarding port 1935 as per the streaming bridge settings. I tried port forwarding multiple routers (only 2 as I only have the 2) I tried my home internet and 4g phone USB tethered travel router. I have the latest ATEM software too 8.5.2 Just wondering if anybody else has any issues. I’m in Australia so I’m not sure if many others have received theirs yet.

Just to update. I’ve had no issues getting the Streaming Bridge visible to the internet through my Google WiFi Mesh router opening up port 1935. The issue seems to be compatibility with my GL.inet Slate travel router. I still get port forwarding error. I have tried the following;

Port Forwards - Protocol TCP/UDP, External zone WAN, Ext Port 1935, Internal zone LAN, Internal IP 192.168.8.166, Int Port 1935, Enabled

Open Ports on Router - Port 1935, Protocol TCP/UDP, Status Enabled

DMZ - DMZ Host IP 192.168.8.166

OFF: when and where did you ordered from? As I’ve ordered on 1st August in UK and still no ETA .

New Media - Australia

I only just got it 3 days ago. I ordered pretty early too. Hopefully, your’s arrives soon.

Adrian

1 Like

Hey GreenMedia.

I’m having the exact same problems with a GL.inet router and couldn’t get the Streaming Bridge to port forward in my home or work network either. Did you get any clarity on the issue here?

Nope. I’ve received no suggestions or ideas. I’ve given up on it. I couldn’t get it to work with my older D-Link router either. Only works on my home Google WiFi. I need it to work in the field.
I was hoping Aaron Parecki would have some input as I think he has the same gl.inet slate router.

Yes, we use the Gl.inet routers quite a lot on set. I know many DIT use them to remotely control camera settings among other things.

I have them stuck to my Teradek cubes and also use them with Atem Minis to broadcast via tethered USB modem as well.

As such, I was hoping to use the Streaming Bridge as a simple Streaming Decoder that I can directly connect to a client monitor somewhere at unit base to receive the image from wherever we are driving around in the world. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten it online in any configuration I tried.